DUBLIN, June 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The “Next Generation Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and Stimulators Market, 2020-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Cancer is known to be one of the leading causes of death worldwide, accounting for 0.6 million deaths in 2019, in the US alone. The World Health Organization has estimated the number of new cancer cases to rise by 70% over the next 20 years, across the globe. Conventional treatment options, such as chemotherapy, surgery and radiation therapy, are still considered as the current standard of care. However, their efficacy is severely limited, especially when it comes to treating late-stage cancers. Moreover, the non-specific and highly toxic nature of chemotherapy and radiation therapy, are known to have a significant adverse impact on patients’ quality of life.
There are several targeted anti-cancer therapies that are available in the market and many are presently under development. Of these, immune checkpoint therapies have shown a lot of promise as viable and potent treatment options, capable of preventing tumor cells from evading immune surveillance. In 2011, Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Yervoy (ipilimumab), an anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody, became the first FDA approved immune checkpoint inhibitor which was designed for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Yervoy, along with other first generation immune checkpoint inhibitors (targeting PD-1/PD-L1 and CTLA-4), soon demonstrated the ability to substantially prolong the lives of patients suffering from advanced stage tumors. However, despite the success of PD 1/PD-L1 inhibitor drugs, there was a notable amount of resistance to treatment reported in certain groups of patients, which compromised the therapeutic potential of this relatively novel class of therapeutics.
This report features an extensive study of the current market landscape, offering an informed opinion on the likely adoption of these therapies over the next decade. It features an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various stakeholders engaged in this domain.
In addition to other elements, the study includes:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape, including information on drug developer(s), phase of development of lead candidates, target immune checkpoints, their respective mechanisms of action, type of therapeutic modality used, route of administration, target disease indication, target therapeutic area and type of therapy.
- A detailed analysis of more than 590 completed, ongoing and planned clinical studies of next generation immune checkpoint inhibitors and stimulators, highlighting prevalent trends across various relevant parameters.
- Detailed profiles of developers of next generation immune checkpoint modulators, featuring an overview of the company, its financial information, a detailed description of its product portfolio and recent collaborations. In addition, each profile includes an informed future outlook.
- An in-depth analysis of more than 490 grants that have been awarded to research institutes engaged in next generation immune checkpoint therapy-related projects, in the period between 2016 and 2019.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the recent past, covering R&D collaborations, licensing agreements, product development and commercialization agreements, clinical trial agreements, manufacturing agreements, mergers and acquisitions, manufacturing and service agreements, and other relevant types of deals.
- An insightful competitiveness analysis of biological targets, featuring a [A] three-dimensional bubble representation that highlights the targets that are being evaluated for next generation immune checkpoint therapy development, taking into consideration the number of lead molecules based on a particular target, phase of development of candidate therapies, number of grants and number of publications [B] a five-dimensional spider-web analysis, highlighting the most popular immune checkpoint targets.
- Analysis of big biopharma players in this domain, featuring a heat map based on parameters, such as number of therapies under development, target disease indications, partnership activity and target portfolio.
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. CURRENT MARKET LANDSCAPE: CLINICAL AND PRECLINICAL MOLECULES
5. MARKET LANDSCAPE: THERAPIES TARGETING CD47
6. MARKET LANDSCAPE: THERAPIES TARGETING 4-1BB
7. CLINICAL TRIAL ANALYSIS
8. COMPANY PROFILES: NEXT GENERATION INHIBITORS AND STIMULATORS
9. ACADEMIC GRANTS ANALYSIS
10. PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
11. TARGET COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
12. BIG PHARMA INITIATIVES
13. MARKET FORECAST AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
14. CONCLUDING REMARKS
A selection of companies mentioned include:
- ABL Bio
- Acerta Pharma
- Aduro Biotech
- Alligator Bioscience
- Alpine Immune Sciences
- ALX Oncology
- Arch Oncology
- Arcus Biosciences
- Astellas Pharma
- Astex Pharmaceuticals
- bluebird bio
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Calithera Biosciences
- CASI Pharmaceuticals
- Catalent Biologics
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Gilead Sciences
- Hanmi Pharmaceutical
- HanX Biopharmaceuticals
- Heat Biologics
- Hrain Biotechnology
- Hummingbird Bioscience
- IGM Biosciences
- I-Mab Biopharma
- ImmuneOnco Biopharmaceuticals
- Molecular Partners
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals
- Pinze Lifetechnology
- Rubius Therapeutics
- Surface Oncology
- Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Trellis Biosciences
- Zai Lab
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/64fgpc
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/world-market-for-next-generation-immune-checkpoint-inhibitors-and-stimulators—forecast-and-opportunity-analysis-301069202.html
SOURCE Research and Markets
To Find More Information, Go To Saubio Digital And Look Up Any Topic